Did you get a brand new iPhone or do you have an iPhone and want to get most of it? These iPhone tips and tricks will help you to use your iPhone in the very efficient way possible. Some of these tips are new and some are less-known. These tips are constantly been updated after each release of iOS.
16 useful secret iPhone tips and tricks 2022
1. Search tabs on Safari and more
If you have a lot of tabs opened in Safari and you want to open a particular tab, then this tip is really helpful to you. First, tap the tabs icon and then go along the way up to the beginning and you will see a search bar at the top.
Type the keywords you want to search and it will show the tabs that match the keyword. You can also long-press the cancel button and it will show an option to close the tabs that match the search keyword.
Reopen closed Safari Tabs:
If you accidentally close a tab when you were in the middle of reading something, it can be frustrating, but with a quick maneuver, you can open that tab right up.
- Go to the tabs section. Press and hold the “+” button to bring a list that contains a few last closed tabs.
AutoClose Safari tabs:
If you use safari a lot, you won’t probably close all the tabs but just quit the safari itself. This will result in a junk of tabs opened throughout the time. To fix this, you can schedule the safari to close the tabs automatically.
- Go to Settings -> Safari -> Close Tabs. You will be prompted to choose three options. Close the tabs after one day, one week, or one month. Tap your desired choice and the safari will close automatically the tabs for you.
Bookmark all the tabs at once:
When you have a lot of tabs and want to bookmark each one of them. This trick is the one for you.
- On Safari, press and hold the bookmark icon. Now tap add bookmarks for x tabs. This will create a folder within the safari and bookmark all the taps that are currently opened.
Screenshot entire webpage
If you are surfing the web on your Safari, and want to take a screenshot of the whole page. Follow the steps below. However, this won’t work on other apps. To take a scrolling screenshot for other apps like WhatsApp, you can follow our dedicated guide.
- Take a screenshot on Safari as you would normally do. But you will find a new option called a full page. Tap on it and the iOS will capture the entire page. Finally, tap Done to save it.
2. Check Warranty and Apple Care status on settings.
Checking warranty and Apple Care status is done online by visiting Apple’s website and logging in. From iOS 12.2, and later Apple made it easier to check the status right in your iPhone, inside the settings app.
- Go to settings → General → about. You can check your warranty status there.
3. Screenshot Tips
Everyone who uses iPhones would probably know how to take a screenshot (if you’re new, Hold down the Power and volume down button to take a screenshot). One of the most common reasons to take a screenshot is to share it with someone.
After taking a screenshot, you probably tap on it and then tap on the done to share it or tap the share sheet icon to save it but there is a simple trick to instantly open the share sheet once you take the screenshot.
- Once you take a screenshot, tap and hold the little preview at the bottom of the screen. This will instantly open the share sheet.
Ask Siri to take and send a screenshot
A single command can help you take a screenshot and send it to your contact
Ask Siri “hey, Siri. Take a screenshot and send it to [your contact name]” and Siri will instantly take the screenshot of the current page and send it to the contact you asked.
4. What is the song playing?
Isn’t it annoying when you like a song that is playing in the background and then you can’t figure out the name of it? Fortunately, you can easily find that with your iPhone. There are two methods to do it.
- You can use Siri to find it. Just ask Siri “What is the song playing?” and Siri will listen to the song and give you its name of it.
- Use the control center to trigger the feature. By default, the option will not be included in the control center but you can enable that in the settings. Go to settings -> control center -> under more controls, add Music Recognition. Now you can swipe the control center and tap the icon. Within a few seconds, the song info will be displayed.
5. Make speakers louder
This simple tweak will make the speakers sound louder than before.
- Tap settings → Music → EQ and then find and tap “late night”. This EQ setting will make the speakers louder. This is a simple tip to make the speakers louder without harming them.
6. Quickly send the current location in iMessage
Sharing a location is very important from day to day life for most users. There are multiple ways to share your location on iMessage but this is the simplest method to it.
- You can just simply share your location by typing “I’m at” and it will automatically shows the “ Current location” tab in the dictionary section. Tapping the current location will instantly share your location with the recipient. This is at present a quick way to share your location.
7. Different Siri pronunciation
Do you know that you can make Siri pronounce your name differently rather than the default pronunciation? It’s very simple. You can just ask her to pronounce your name the way you would like.
For example :
Alex – “Siri, What’s my name? “
Siri – “Alex”
Alex – “That’s not how you pronounce my name”
Siri – “Could you say it again?”
Alex – “Alex”
Siri -“OK, thank you. Which pronunciation should I use? “
She will now list some pronunciation. You have an option to listen to each of them and choose the one you like.
8. Folder Notification
If a folder contains a lot of apps with notifications, try this tip. You don’t have to tap the folder and swipe left or right to view the notifications of each app.
- You can just 3D touch or long-press the folder and it will list the app with notifications badges. This comes in handy for people who use a lot of folders.
9. Degree sign inside the keyboard
While sharing the temperature you must include the degree sign. Everyone knows that tapping and holding certain keys on the keyboard will bring more letters.
- With that, Tapping and holding “ 0 “ will bring the degree sign. It might seem simple but most of them don’t know this.
Other keyboard tips:
- Non-3d touch device – Tapping and holding the space key will covert the keyboard to a trackpad
- 3D touch device – 3D touching anywhere on the keyboard will convert it to a trackpad and pressing even harder will select the text.
10. Fast forward
In safari, taping the fast-forward or rewind will skip the track 15 seconds ahead or behind the playback but you can skip more than that.
- Taping and holding either of those options (rewind or fast-ward) will skip the track 1 or 2 seconds forward or backward depending on the option you tapped. This works for Apple music too.
11. Ping your lost device quickly
Pinging a device is helpful when you lost your device. Normally, pinging a device can be done by entering the app “Find my iPhone”. But you can actually ping your device very quickly and easily.
- 3D touching or long-press “find my iPhone” will bring a list of the device that has been connected to your iPhone.Tapping your lost device will ping it immediately.
12. Lower the brightness below 0%
This tip will allow you to lower the brightness and make your screen dimmer than apple actually allows. It will be very handy when you are in the pitch dark.
- All you need to do is to go to Settings → Accessibility → Display & Text Size and tap Reduce white point to enable it. Moreover, you can adjust the sensitivity with the slider.
Tip – You can ask Siri to increase the brightness if you’re stuck in low brightness without finding the brightness bar.
13. Calculator tips
Even though a lot of people use the iPhone calculator app, most of them are unaware that the app is made up of just a few tricks.
There is a simple trick to turn your normal calculator into a scientific calculator.
- It’s very simple, just turn your iPhone into a landscape with a calculator open and it will be loaded with more options.
I’m always frustrated when you mistakenly enter a number into the calculator and erase it all to fix one mistake. Luckily, you can erase a single number, and the option is really hidden.
- If you enter a wrong number, just swipe left or right on the numbers to erase the last one entered.
The calculator can be actually accessed from the spotlight itself.
- Swipe down on the home screen to access the spotlight. Enter the calculation and you will get the instant result. For example. Enter 567 * 2 and you will get 567 * 2 = 1,134.
14. Find people or things in photos
With AI, the photos app will find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Type in the person’s name or things you would like to view. For example, If you type in “shoes”, the app will show all the images that contain shoes.
When you’re browsing Safari, you can ask Siri to send that link to a friend. This can be more helpful if you would like to send a product link. For example
- If you’re checking out a product on Amazon and if you would like to send it to your friend, Ask Siri “Send this to [contact name]. And the Siri will send the webpage as a link to your contact.
16. Emergency Bypass
This feature allows you to bypass all the silent functionality for a contact. Even when the mute switch is turned on or the do-not-disturb mode is activated, you will still be able to hear calls from certain people. Most of the users don’t this feature because it’s hidden inside the contacts.
- Go to the contact you would like to turn on emergency bypass and head over to Edit -> Ringtone ->Turn on the Emergency bypass.
That’s it for the iPhone tips and tricks 2022. These might be changed or removed in the future iOS updates and we will keep the article updated based on it.
I hope you have learned something new from this article. Let me know in the comments if you know something new that is not mentioned here. I will add it here with credit.
Hopefully, we’ve helped you learn a thing or two about your iPhone. However, it’s always best to remember that some of these tips and tricks may be changed or completely removed with iOS updates. We will try to update the article with each change. Ultimately, getting the most out of your iPhone comes down to understanding what the device can do and more importantly, how it can help you do what you need and want to do.